Therapy Services at the Center for Health Creation
The Center for Health Creation (CHC) provides personalized programs that integrate physical, occupational, speech, cognitive, and nutritional therapies to maximize daily function and improve quality of life. We understand the unique challenges patients living with neuroimmune axis disorders face. As an integral part of clinical care at Metrodora Institute, our expert therapy team partners with you to develop individualized strategies that support your goals.
Meeting you where you are, to help you do more.
Personalized interventions to treat and alleviate symptoms many patients experience, including:
- Chronic Pain
- Brain Fog (Cognitive Impairment)
- Eye and Vision Issues
- Trouble Sleeping
- Head and Neck or Cervicogenic (coat hanger) Pain
- Orthostatic Intolerance
- Post Exertional Malaise (PEM)
Our approach is focused on personalized strategies that keep you within your energy envelope.
Integrated Therapy Services
- Integrative balance, vestibular and vision technology and therapies
- Pain management
- Muscle strengthening
- Balance and proprioception training
- Vestibular training
- Vision therapy
- Concussion management
- Advanced musculoskeletal interventions
- Feeding, swallowing, speech, and voice therapies
- Facial Rehabilitation for peripheral facial nerve injury (bell’s palsy)
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
- Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
- A strength-based program that builds muscle tone in the oral and facial muscles for improved swallowing and digestion.
- Comprehensive swallow treatment that includes state-of-the-art high resolution pharyngeal manometry
- Cognitive-communication skills for organized thought process and word finding
- Executive function therapy for optimization of complex meaningful activities
- Complex brain health evaluations and treatment
- modifications to help prioritize energy
- Consultations for assistive devices/equipment, custom orthotics, and braces
Addressing fatigue is an active process the provides personalized knowledge and tools to manage fatigue and support successful reintegration into and optimization of everyday activities. Our team uses specialized testing to highlight strengths and areas for improvement, often identifying nuanced difficulties.
Fatigue management supports patients with:
- Executive function skills for top-down management of fatigue
- Memory and attention task to increase success with creating habits out of therapy and medical recommendations
- Breath work for relaxation and autonomic quieting
- Physical movement to improve posture, vision, sleep, circulation and energy
- Modifications to environment and activities to minimize fatigue from cognitive and physical difficulties and maximize function
Skills to Improve and Maximize Daily Life
Many people living with neuroimmune axis disorders have profound physical and cognitive fatigue, which impacts executive function. This makes daily tasks like washing dishes or doing laundry some of the most challenging. M Loft, Metrodora’s simulated apartment is designed to provide transformational occupational therapy for patients and families.
Advanced Diagnostic Technologies
The CHC at Metrodora Institute leverages advanced diagnostic technologies to help evaluate visual, vestibular, and somatosensory dysfunction, including:
- The ZeroG Gait and Balance System is a robotic body-weight support system on a dynamic overhead track.
- Bertec’s Computerized Dynamic Posturography (CDP/IVR) assesses integration of balance systems and combines immersive virtual reality environments with dual-balance force plate technology for treatment.
- C-Mill by Motek is an advanced interactive VR treadmill that uses a force plate and projectors to provide augmented reality and real-time feedback and training to patients.
Concussion (mTBI) Management and NeuroAthletic Performance
Metrodora’s Concussion Management Program specialists take a coordinated approach to helping patients and athletes manage symptoms and successfully return to life, work, and play. Our comprehensive program emphasizes symptom management and evidence-based interventions that address physical, physiologic and cognitive abilities. These are important in minimizing your risk for future and repeat injuries.
Athletic performance is dependent on body systems functioning individually as well as in coordination with each other. Metrodora Institute’s NeuroAthletic Performance Testing combines advanced technologies and clinical assessments to evaluate body systems in isolated scenarios as well as in coordination with each other.
Personalized performance plans for both our Concussion Management and NeuroAthletic Programs can include:
- Balance, Vision, Reaction Time & Coordination Training
- Breath Support and Respiratory Muscle Training
- TMJ management
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Mental Flexibility and Executive Function Training
- Comprehensive Bloodwork
- Sleep, Energy Management and Recovery
- Migraine and Chronic Headache Assessment
- Food Sensitivities, Allergies, and Dietician Nutritional Plan
- Autonomic Testing
We also offer baseline testing to teams/organizations and individuals who may be interested in this service.
Respiratory Muscle Training
Optimizing breath support as well as lung range of motion and strength to improve oxygenation, digestion, sleep, athletic performance, brain function, and autonomic quieting. Treatments are done in direct collaboration with Metrodora’s Allergy/Immunology specialists, who augment our program with medical interventions and additional treatments for safe and effective airway function.
- Nasal Hygiene
- Breath Support
- Postural Techniques
- Mobilization Techniques
- Respiratory Muscle Strength Training
- Athletes across sports and ability levels
- Active individuals
- People experiencing:
- Suspected and diagnosed MALS
- Dysphagia and Phonation difficulties
- Dysarthria related to poor respiration
- Deconditioning post viral infection, EDS, dysautonomia, etc.
Ready to start your patient journey?
3535 South Market St.
West Valley City, UT
Phone: (385) 430-1430