Center for Multidisciplinary Medicine
At Metrodora Institute, we understand that every medical journey is unique. Many of our patients have seen numerous doctors but have failed to find successful treatment. Our unique approach to diagnostics and care is truly comprehensive. As an integrated, multidisciplinary clinical team, we believe the best care is delivered by partnering with you to identify the best treatment path.
Our multidisciplinary team offers advanced care in:
Neurogastroenterology & Motility
Metrodora Institute’s Neurogastroenterology & Motility program is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and study of disorders of the enteric nervous system which controls the function of the gastrointestinal tract. Our multidisciplinary Neurogastroenterology and Motility program includes experts in neurogastroenterology, motility, nutrition and behavioral health, who work together to help treat your unique conditions and improve quality of life.
Metrodora Institute offers the most in-depth and comprehensive neurogastroenterology and motility program in the region. Our neurogastroenterology experts have dedicated their careers to researching and treating the most complex gastrointestinal disorders.
Our neurogastrogenterology specialists offer patients a range of diagnostic testing and treatments, including:
- Motility Testing – to help identify dysfunction with how food moves through the digestive tract:
- Esophageal Manometry
- Anorectal Manometry
- SmartPill wireless motility capsule testing
- Gastrointestinal Mucosal Permeability Testing (impedance)
- Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (CLE)
- Breath testing
- Enzyme Testing
- Nutrition Therapy
- Autonomic Nervous System Testing
- Allergy Testing
- Immunological Testing
- Genetic Testing
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Intervention-focused medical nutrition therapy is a key element in helping patients gain strength and improve overall health. In partnership with our clinical and therapy teams, Metrodora’s dietitians partner with patients to improve nutritional baseline.
Our medical nutrition program supports patients with:
Food and nutrient delivery
- Nutritional adequacy
- Assessment and correction of nutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Improving hydration status
- Oral intake and nutrition support
- Strategies to improve oral intake
- Enteral or parenteral nutrition concerns
- Supplementation needs
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Advanced testing through Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (CLE) for detection of classical and atypical food allergies and sensitivities
- Weight concerns
Nutritional education and counseling
- Reduce food fears to improve diet quality and diversity
- Improve the gut microbiota and reduce inflammation
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic floor rehabilitation can help retrain muscles of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. With access to a wide range of therapies and technologies, our treatment plans are personalized to each patient’s specific needs and condition.
Treatment can include:
- Biofeedback Therapy
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
The autonomic nervous system controls the body’s involuntary functions, such as breathing, blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, immune function, and digestion (gastrointestinal functions). Autonomic nervous system disorders cause problems in regulating one or more of these essential functions, which can result in fluctuating blood pressure, lightheadedness when standing, fainting and falls, immune dysregulation, severe constipation, and sweating abnormalities.
Our autonomic neurology experts provide advanced diagnostic testing and care for disorders affecting the autonomic nervous system, including:
- Physiological, neuropharmacological, and neurochemical autonomic testing for the diagnosis of autonomic disorders
- Tilt Table Testing
- Heart rate and blood pressure reflex testing with non-invasive, beat-to-beat measurement of heart rate and blood pressure
- Catecholamine testing
- Quantitative sudomotor axon reflex test(QSART) testing for evaluation of the autonomic nervous system
- Electrodiagnostic testing (Electromyography (EMG) & nerve conduction studies) for neuromuscular diseases, motor function issues, nerve injuries, and degenerative conditions beyond the autonomic nervous system
At Metrodora, the most important part of a headache diagnosis is understanding your personal headache history. Since every patient’s condition is unique, our headache neurologists partner closely with you to evaluate both primary and secondary headache disorders and design individualized treatment plans.
We specialize in difficult-to-treat headache diagnoses, including:
- Chronic Migraine
- Myofascial Muscle Pain
- Occipital Neuralgia
- Intracranial Hypotension
- Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Leak
Recommended treatment will depend on your unique headache diagnosis, and may include:
- Headache treatments, including Botox™ and nerve block injections
- Infusion treatments, for both acute treatment of headache and prevention of migraine
- Epidural Blood Patch (EBP)
- Prescription medication
- Collaborative treatment with Physical, Occupational and/or Speech Therapy
Allergy & Immunology
Metrodora’s Allergy & Immunology specialists work with patients to evaluate and treat immune conditions. The immune system is incredibly complex and requires comprehensive testing, as the presence of one immune disorder may indicate the presence of others.
Testing and treatment for immunological conditions can include:
- Allergy testing
- Asthma testing
- Food allergy and intolerance testing
- Evaluation and management of mast cell activation disorder
- Airborne allergen testing (dust, animal dander, pollen)
- Patch testing to chemicals
- Immunodeficiency screening
- Food and drug desensitization
- Vaccine reaction assessment
- To evaluate for sinus disease
- To evaluate lung function
Neuropsychology is a specialized area of behavioral health that supports patients living with disabilities and chronic health conditions. Metrodora Institute’s neuropsychology process includes three phases: assessment, treatment, and consultation. Our neurospychologists begin with an integrated and detailed assessment to understand the full picture of how an individual is functioning across multiple domains including attention, reasoning, executive function, learning and memory attention, language, mood, and spatial abilities. Results from this evaluation are used to develop tailored interventions that support independence, social connection, health and function, and overall quality of life.
Metrodora Institute’s Primary Care program provides the highest standard of personalized primary care for patients of all ages. Our providers partner closely with patients to ensure the whole scope of your unique medical needs are met. Primary care at Metrodora can include health screenings, vaccines, and other preventative care, diagnosis and treatment of common and complex diseases, and management of chronic conditions.
Additional Diagnostic Testing
Our comprehensive testing is designed to give your care team a full picture of your health, no matter how complex.
Depending on your needs, we may recommend:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Ambulatory Cardiac Holter Monitors
- Sublingual Videocapillaroscopy
Ready to start your patient journey?
3535 South Market St.
West Valley City, UT
Phone: (385) 430-1430
Center for Advanced Interventions (CAI) Endoscopy Center
Metrodora Institute’s ambulatory surgery center offers routine and complex gastrointestinal (GI) and neurogastrointestinal procedures in a patient-centered environment. Our on-site pathology center allows for convenient advanced testing, including special staining techniques that play a critical role in tissue-based diagnosis and research.Learn more about our endoscopy services.