Billing and Coding Coordinator
Metrodora Institute (www.metrodora.co) is a destination medical and research center focused on the care & cure of neuroimmune axis disorders. We are world-class clinicians & scientists working within state-of-the-art facilities dedicated to advancing care & accelerating cures for people living with neuroimmune axis disorders.
An ideal candidate is driven by curiosity and is excited to collaborate with other team members. They are inquisitive, problem-solvers, willing to learn continuously and looking for professional growth opportunities. The Billing and Coding Coordinator will be responsible for correctly coding healthcare claims. They will also support leadership in maintaining, improving, processing and evaluating the billing and collection of accounts receivable and resolve complex payer issues to completion. The Billing and Coding Coordinator should have an intermediate understanding of revenue cycle including coding, charge capture, billing, collection, utilization management, and account balance resolution.
- Responsible for daily coding and billing practices.
- Participates in the development of coding and billing strategies, evaluating process relative to revenue cycle, and making recommendations while ensuring compliance with any relevant rules or regulations (including HIPAA, Medicaid, Medicare, and specific 3rd Party Payors)
- Consults with RCM Team and Leadership regarding changes in regulations that may affect billing practices
- Examines specific functions to widen opportunity for accelerated billing and improved flow
- Communicate professionally with various payers
- Work closely with Authorization and Eligibility Coordinator to ensure claims are being paid and eliminate denials based on pre-authorization issues
- Help develop, evaluate, implement, and revise policies and procedures related to billing, coding, reimbursement activities and improvement strategies
- Keep current on the charge master based on the current CMS fee schedule and negotiated contracts
- Review and resolve issues related to claim generation and rejected/denied billings
- Commit to highest level of business and patient confidentiality possible adhering to all HIPAA and security guidelines when accessing and sharing patient information
- Keeps abreast of all reimbursement billing procedures of third party and private insurance payers and government regulations
- Respond to and interact with patients concerning all aspects of billing through phone, e-mail, or regular mail in a prompt and courteous manner
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Perform other related work as required or assigned
- Familiarity and proficiency in basic and advanced CPT and HCPCS coding, Medicare guidelines and compliance
- Knowledge of third-party payer requirements including federal, state, and private health care plans
- Knowledge of basic billing procedures, including fee schedules, insurance policies, procedures, and reimbursement practices
- Intermediate organizational skills to complete coding, financial applications, insurance verification billing and collection processes within acceptable time frames
- Communication skills to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely with other team members
- Ability to evaluate own workflows and Metrodora processes and appropriately recommend process improvements
- 2-3 years of healthcare experience desirable with coding, accounts payable, revenue cycle management or billing experience
METRODORA INSTITUTE CULTURE AND VALUES
We are seeking innovative, curious, collaborative, intelligent, and compassionate individuals who want to work as integral members of a team, who want to continuously learn, and who want to be part of the solution that reimagines healthcare. We know there is a better way to deliver healthcare that will not only lead to better care for our patients, but also more rewarding careers. We know that for so many of us, healthcare is a passion. At Metrodora Institute we have created an environment and culture that will allow our team to once again realize this passion. We offer competitive compensation packages and career development along with a commitment to work-life balance. We are excited to sponsor J-1 visas.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Real investments in career development
Metrodora Institute is located within the beautiful Salt Lake Valley in Utah, 10 minutes from both the Salt Lake City International Airport and downtown Salt Lake City. There are 7 world-class ski resorts within a 30-minute drive and over 7 amazing national parks within a few hours. The Salt Lake Valley is also home to the fastest growing life sciences community in the nation, with over 1100 companies in the health care ecosystem.
How to apply:
Please use the link below:Apply Now