Metrodora Institute (www.metrodora.co) is a destination medical and research center focused on the care & cure of neuroimmune axis disorders. We are world-class clinicians & scientists working within state-of-the-art facilities dedicated to advancing care & accelerating cures for people living with neuroimmune axis disorders.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller who will use their experience and skills in accounting, project management and healthcare to grow Metrodora’s financial operations. As a Controller, you will have the opportunity to contribute to an innovative, sustainable business model that drives the mission and vision of the Metrodora Institute: advancing multidisciplinary care and accelerating new treatments for patients living with complex, multisystem disorders.
The following list of functions is descriptive of the work to be performed, but it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, functions, or tasks that the job may require.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Develop financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting. Monitor and balancing cash flows into and out of a business to meet obligations and optimize investment. Provide financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports, forecasts, and statements; ensure that the reported results comply with generally-accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Create and monitor company policies and internal controls, especially spending controls, to safeguard company assets and reduce fraud.
- Establish bank accounts and manage banking relationships.
- Ensure compliance with local state and federal regulations, tax provisions and relevant industry and financial regulations.
- Remain abreast of healthcare, biotechnology, and technology industry trends.
- Debt management: Administer loan agreements for company borrowings and collect moneys owed to the company from customers.
- Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Assist Senior Management with important financial decisions.
- Supervise employees and external relationships in preparing financial reports and budgets.
- Work with external auditors and provide needed information for the annual audit.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Minimum of a BA in Accounting/Finance; CPA and or MBA preferred
- Preferred experience working within an MSO health care environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Possess keen analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in effectively communicating data, including presentations to senior management, board, or other
METRODORA INSTITUTE CULTURE AND VALUES
We are seeking innovative, curious, collaborative, intelligent, and compassionate individuals who want to work as integral members of a team, who want to continuously learn, and who want to be part of the solution that reimagines healthcare. We know there is a better way to practice medicine that will not only lead to better care for our patients, but also more rewarding careers. We know that for so many of us, medicine is a passion. At Metrodora Institute we have created an environment and culture that will allow our team to once again realize this passion. We offer competitive compensation packages and career development along with a commitment to work-life balance. We are excited to sponsor J-1 and H1-B visas.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Real investments in career development
Metrodora Institute is located within the beautiful Salt Lake Valley in Utah, 10 minutes from both the Salt Lake City
International Airport and downtown Salt Lake City. There are seven world-class ski resorts within a 30 minute drive
and over seven amazing national parks within a few hours. The Salt Lake Valley is also home to the fastest growing
life sciences community in the nation, with over 1,100 companies in the health care ecosystem (www.biohive.com).